Loading...

Datuk Seri Abdul Hamid Bador is the new acting Deputy Inspector-General of Police.

Loading...
Loading...

Special Branch director Abdul Hamid is acting Deputy IGP


Friday, 15 Mar 201911:14 AM MYT




by justin zack



Over to you... Tan Sri Mohamad Fuzi Harun (centre) witnessing handing over the reigns of Tan Sri Noor Rashid Ibrahim to Datuk Seri Abdul Hamid Bador (right). - NORAFIFI EHSAN / The Star


KUALA LUMPUR: Datuk Seri Abdul Hamid Bador is the new acting Deputy Inspector-General of Police.

The Special Branch director takes over from outgoing Tan Sri Noor Rashid Ibrahim, who officially retires on March 17.

Comm Abdul Hamid will hold the post in an acting position until an official decision on the matter is made, according the Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Mohamad Fuzi Harun.

“I’ll miss you. I’m happy to go, to be with my wife and family. But I’m sad to leave all my officers that had been with me during my difficult times,” said Noor Rashid in his farewell speech.


The senior policeman also readily admitted that his emotions got the better of him, as he arrived at his handover ceremony.

“I thought I was strong,” he said emotionally between tears.

The veteran policemen added that he plans to make use of his retirement by picking up the pen.

“I want to write about the police force and the struggles they face. The public should know,” he said.

The IGP, in his response speech, also quipped that Noor Rashid could start farming as well, as he was known to have an affinity towards gardening.


Read more at https://ift.tt/2Cl8g7M
Loading...